Home > Our School > Homework Guidelines
Homework refers to any learning activity that students are required to complete outside of curriculum time. This includes any extension of the classroom work, revision of school work, preparation of lessons, projects and online assignments.
The following table illustrates the guidelines for homework for the different levels:
|Mondays (CCAs)||Tuesdays to Fridays||Weekends & PHs||March, June, Sept & December vacation|
|P1||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≤1 h of homework||No homework||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≤30 min of homework|
|P3||Homework assigned has an extended deadline.||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≤1.5 h of homework||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≤45 min of homework|
|P5||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≤2 h of homework||At least 20 min of reading and/or ≥1 h of homework|
Duration shown is on a daily basis.
Students are to take note of their homework by recording it down in their organiser daily.
To ensure that students benefit from the homework assigned we would like to seek parents’ cooperation in the following areas:
- create a home environment conducive for studying and completion of homework;
- supervise and provide support for child’s learning;
- reinforce good study habits and attitudes;
- be mindful of the stresses arising from school homework and out-of-school activities, and help the child prioritise his/her time among these activities; and
- work in partnership with teachers to support child’s learning and development.